BUFFALO RIVER WATERSHED OF THE RED RIVER OF THE NORTH


Ron and Lyn Crete
Blue Moon Farm
Callaway, Minnesota

Thursday, August 4, 2011

No, I'm not strangling that calf.  It's not at all interested in being photographed and I didn't want it out of my grasp, so to speak.  This little guy had a bout of scours and pneumonia earlier this summer and he's just back from the Vet's shop in this photo. 

Boy, it's been a while since I've done this; posted.  I've actually been off trying my hand at setting up a website for this blog, it's own domain name, the works.  Well, it didn't work.  Even my trusty iMac and iWeb failed me in this effort.  I mean I got totally crashed out trying this.  Sure it cost it me plenty to purchase all the gookimpucky it takes to do that, but just now I went to GoDaddy and cancelled the whole works.  I even cancelled the website for the farm that was really nicely done if I do say so myself.

Here's the rub.  I just couldn't justify my ego any longer.  I mean, why else would someone go to all that trouble unless it was making him rich and famous or at least one of the above.  Why am I still doing this blog on "Bloddger"?  I have no idea.  At least five of you are following my  writing adventure, but to be sure, I'm not sure I'm following myself all that well. 

Sure it's fun to goof off with a Blog like this and it does get me to sit down and drop some nonsense on the page for Posterity's sake, but I'm not sure Posterity reads this stuff.  At least Blogspot is free and someone other than me has to maintain it.

So, for a while I'll keep this blog going and try to make it interesting, helpful or useless; whatever strikes you as correct. As you can see there is no rhyme nor reason for the timing of my posts.  If I was a real blogger I'd do one everyday.  I'm a fake blogger.

By the way, the calf is doing fine and I ended up calling him "Pneumo" even if he's destined for a trip to the Ballpark in a couple of years.

Ta ta, chit chatty and all that.  It's summertime lets go fishing or do something outside.  Since its late I might just turn on the Twins game as they are in LA tonight and I suspect it's the Angels night to win.  Maybe I'll think of something important to write about, like the passage of a Bill by Congress to raise the debt ceiling.  Say What?  I think they ought to pass a law that whatever has been biting me these past few days knocks it off.  My legs look like little groups of cells have blown up and left bright red circles under my skin.  Itch.  Damn straight they itch.  That's how I know it's summer.  Sometimes I hate antigen/antibody reactions.

Farmer Ron


2 comments:

  1. Scribble away, when you can, as much as you can and let a few of us giggle in awe and wonderment...LVoltz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scribble. I never realized it was that legible. Thanks for the compliment, Larry.

    ReplyDelete